Drug Treatment Resource Center
Treatment Center Information
There are many things to consider when researching treatment centers, not the least of which is what level of care is appropriate. Whether you are looking for treatment for yourself or a loved one, here are some questions that we recommend you ask that may illuminate some of the differences between treatment centers. Perhaps, in the process of asking them, you may even learn something new about yourself that will help you decide what level of treatment you should enter.
The below questions are questions we recommend that you ask a treatment centers when you are talking to them:
- Do you screen for dual diagnosis?
- Are you equipped to handle co-occurring disorders?
- How do you handle continuing care planning?
- Do you have doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, addictionologists, and interventionists on staff?
- How long have you been treating drug addiction?
- How many counselors do you have on staff?
- Do you have private facilities for executives or others who are concerned about exclusivity?
- Has your staff authored any books that are popular in the field of addiction and eating disorder treatment?
- Do you have legal experts and court experience?
- Do you have special training in helping clients who are chemically dependent on prescription medication?
- Do you actually perform all of the services you offer or do you outsource many of them to other agencies?
- Are you court/probation approved?
- How long have your counselors been with the treatment facility?
- Do you have a family program?
- Is your staff certified to administer medication?
- Do you have staff on site twenty four hours a day?
- Do you have a special program for mature adults?
- Do you have a college program that provides recovering students a great opportunity to earn accredited units?
- Do you have a Christian based program available?
- Do you test for drugs and alcohol multiple times a week with frequent surprise tests?
- Do you have an alumni network?
If you need help, please don't put it off any longer. Contact us today.